Thursday, January 14, 2010

technology

I'm a big fan of technology, but up until now I have always like to keep it paleolithic in regards to my phone.  I finally stepped it up, since I'm trapped in t-mobile land I couldn't join the cult of iphone, but I got this samsung with an 8 mega pixel camera and a touch screen.  I prefer to use T9 to text, but the program on this phone is way advanced so I've decided to learn to use the qwerty.  such a pain in the ass, I don't know how people do that while driving; I suppose that is why they made it a ticketable offense.  The T9 on my old phone was loaded up with words I added and was so simple, it made text driving very easy.  I've also been doing a bunch of chatting on facebook, just got done with one a minute ago; that's why I'm using short sentences and not being all that eloquent.  I guess that's proof that all of the texting and chatting is killing grammar and proper speaking.  Poor english teachers, having to compete with that.  I need to get offline and go back to thinking correctly.
   In all of the predictions of the future people have made, the only person who thought to say anything about the degradation of the english language was H.G. Wells in "The Time Machine"; I imagine it will be awhile before people start talking like the eloi though.

No comments:

Post a Comment