Tuesday, February 8, 2011

slacking

I haven't been very up to date with this thing lately.  It's funny how doing things worth writing about takes up all of the time I would spend writing about it.
  I've been showing my work at different places. I've actually got two openings this friday, hopefully some sales will go along with them. It's been so cold, it's been a good winter to delude myself into thinking I don't care.  I haven't really complained about the winter; I have complained about the cold weather/snow parking restrictions. That shit has cost me: 2 tows=$300 3 tickets=$140. I need to sell some work. I sold a few back at the Future Presence show, next one needs to happen soon.  Did two 26x66 furry light panels for an interior design showcase exhibit and they attracted some real interest (hopefully interest attracts some money); ideally there is potential for some client based work.
  I'm working on art, I'm working on videos, I've got a project with The Pines coming up; but I have yet to make any money off of any of it. Sucks.

I'd like to have some way to end this with a bit of wit, but I think my brain has transferred all of my creative energy into the part of my brain that let's me work on three different projects that have nothing to do with each other and are not at all similar. Designed light panels, paintings, stage lighting installation; different mindsets for each one. That's what the game is all about though so if I want this wave of interest to go anywhere I'll just have to get used to being a bit frazzled (unless I stop embracing the theory that procrastination and finishing at the last minute leads to good work).  Haven't done it yet though, I have to submit the paintings for the show on friday that isn't up yet by thursday night, and I still have a bunch to do. I'm glad that making things, being in my studio, sharing my work, sharing my ideas and all of that are the things that made me most happy to do. The complements from strangers aren't too bad either.

No comments:

Post a Comment